Favorite Color Swap Questionnaire
1. What are your top three favorite colors? Hmmm. I think maybe the colors of pebbles at the edge of the beach. Deep slate blues, grays, sea-glass green. It’s so hard to pick a favorite because it changes with the project, the time of year, my whims and fancies…
2. What crafts do you really enjoy? I knit, and weave, and spin (a little - I’m learning still). I also have been known to throw a few pots and do a little stained glass work as well.
3. What products do you really covet? I love fibers from small local producers. Oh, and I have been searching high and low for those beautiful ebony double pointed knitting needles from Germany. I used to have a few in sock needle sizes, but they have fallen by the wayside - lent out to other knitters, the casualties of crazy patterning, or lost among the seat cushions. I can’t find them anywhere in the US, but they must still be available, right? Non-knitting, I love teas and spices that are regional.
4. What other activities do you enjoy besides your favorite crafty things? I garden and I cook. I love kayaking and hiking too, although I don’t get to do that as often as I’d like. I read a lot - I love mysteries from authors like Henning Mankell and Martha Grimes, and science stuff - physics and ecology.
5. Is there anything you collect? Not really, although the house does seem to be overrun with yarn and roving, so I guess you could call it a collection if you were feeling generous. I do have a lot of things around that have ginko leaves on them for some reason. It didn’t start as a collection, but it may be turning into one…
6. What is your zodiac sign and/or Chinese zodiac symbol? I am a Taurus and I was born in the year of the ram.
|You Were Born Under:
|Your most comfortable inside your head - and often daydream the day away.
You have an artistic temperament that makes you seem creative to some, eccentric to others.
You avoid conflict at all costs, and you have a difficult time with relationships.
Attractive and with good manners, you tend to shine in social situations.
You are most compatible with a Pig or Rabbit.
7.What are your favorite… …scents/smells? …types of music and/or bands? …authors? …animals? …places to shop? …season? …yarn/fabric/paper/other craft supplies? …candies or goodies?
Oh, scents and smells? I’d have to say peppermint, lavendar, citrus, anise.
Music - almost all kinds. I like some opera, folk, some alternative pop, fado, some dancehall reggae.
Authors? I really like sardonic and complicated characters. I like mysteries and hard science best, but read almost everything. My latest favorite is the Swedish author Henning Mankell.
Animals? Fiber producing ones, for sure. Also, I’m a dog person more than a cat person and I have an enormous affinity for tortoises and elephants.
Places to shop? I’m an awful shopper. I like Etsy because I like the ethics of shopping from small producers and I love handcrafted stuff. Other than that, I like to visit farmer’s markets more than stores and like art/craft galleries more than malls. Of course, I will go into any yarn store I can find.
Season? Definitely autumn. I love the russety colors, the crisp air, the harvest vegetables and fruits.
Yarn/fabric/paper/other craft supplies? I love anything crafty - but I greatly prefer natural things, glass beads, wool and linen, thick pulpy papers, and the like.
Candies or goodies? I like salty things and chocolate, candied orange rinds, teas and coffee, oh and jams and marmalades.
8. Do you have any wish lists? No, not really. I have lots of projects I want to make someday, etc. but no wish lists.
9. Are you allergic to anything? I’m not allergic to anything, but I’m not fond of strong perfume-y smells.
10. Do you have any pets? What are they? I have three dogs, a 2-year-old Weimaraner named Henry and two very old rescue dogs, a whippet named Oliver and a border collie mix named Jewelle (My daughter’s dog/name. I tried to get her to name her Joule - same pronounciation, but an entirely more apt meaning…)
11. Please include anything else you would like your secret pal to know about you- anything that would be helpful in finding you little gifts that you will really enjoy. Also, if you have a Ravelry ID, please include it here. Ravelry ID: ConvolutedString. Other than that, what can I tell you? I was either meant to be born in some hippie commune somewhere or was meant to be a Canadian, I think. I am a big recycler, have a share membership in a local farm, and believe in working for peace and equality. I can’t think of much else to say…